If you are one of the many people around the world who is into gaming, you’ll know that professional gamers can make quite a lot of money. Some of the top professional gamers can earn millions of dollars. In fact, the average salary for a professional gamer in the United States is around $64,000 per year, so it is possible to make a livable income. Have you ever wondered how exactly gamers earn their money?
- Prize money is won from esports tournaments and competitions. This is pretty similar to how traditional athletes make money.
- Some esports leagues will pay players a salary.
- Brands will pay professional gamers in the form of sponsorships.
- Many gamers earn money on live streaming platforms such as Twitch.
- Gamers can make online video content such as game guides, play-throughs, or reviews.
- Audience members can sign up for paid subscriptions to watch gamer content.
- Professional gamers are online influencers of the niche, so many of the income streams that influencers use (brand deals, sponsorships, ad space, etc) can be used by gamers as well.